Rent vs Buy Calculator
The age-old dilemma of renting vs buying – and with rising living costs and fluctuating house prices, it isn’t about to get any less contentious.
This calculator helps you estimate:
- Total cost of renting
- Total cost of buying
- Difference in savings between renting and buying
- Difference in equity and net worth between renting and buying.
Need more help to make an informed decision?
Chat to a Green Associates Mortgage Consultant to ascertain whether renting or buying is most suitable for you based on your goals.
Things you should know
- The values provided are estimates only, based on the inputted information.
- Terms and conditions apply to all loan options.
- Interest rates used are current reference rates and subject to change. Default figures and assumptions are also subject to change.
- This calculator does not take into account specific factors used by individual lenders in determining their own criteria and should not be considered approval for a loan. Applications for a home loan are subject to credit approval, satisfactory security and minimum deposit requirements. Full terms and conditions will be set out in our loan offer, if an offer is made.
- Fees and charges apply that are not captured in repayment amounts and total interest calculations. These additional fees or charges will add to the cost of the loan and your repayments.
- Green Associates and its related companies specifically disclaims any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with the access to or use of this calculator.
- Other than required by Consumer Protection Law, under no circumstances will Green Associates and its related companies be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on information obtained by using this calculator.
Home loan borrowing power, fortnightly repayments, and more
Find other calculators to help plan the possibility of your first home loan and mortgage.
- Home Loan Borrowing Power Calculator
- Stamp Duty Calculator
- Fortnightly Repayments Calculator
- Time to Repayment Calculator
- Home Loan Offset Calculator